Posts in the Time Travel category
Images (from top)
1. Vienna Court Opera, 1902
2. The Wittgenstein family, circa Summer 1917, via Deskarati
3. Vienna Municipal Ball, 1904 by German painter Wilhelm Gause
4. Josef Hoffmann fabric sample, via Julia Ritson
5. Postcard from Gustav Kilmt to Emilie Flöge, via Leopold Museum
6. Austrian fashion designer Emilie Flöge
7. Cabaret Fledermaus, 1907 (lithograph)
*Photos by Danny Lyon/NARA
Just spied this super stylish wooden tripod over at Wired. While we’d never suggest that this would make a travel-friendly accessory, I couldn’t help but want to share it with you.
Apparently they’ve been in production for 100 years! Makes me think of old time expeditions, like this amazing collection of Antarctic shots by Bernard Kalb, Walter Sullivan and Allyn Baum. Taken in 1955, they were unearthed only recently by the New York Times. Just incredible!
Two above by Walter Sullivan